Seniors lacking resources often don’t know how to find what they most need. Too often, this places them at risk for avoidable institutionalization.
That’s one of the pivotal roles of the Curry Senior Center – linking seniors to the available resources in the community. This assists seniors in their goals of independence and health where they live.
As needed, our expert case managers assist seniors in obtaining:
- Medical care;
- Benefits counseling re: Medi-Cal, Medicare, and other entitlements;
- Home delivered meals and homemaking services to help with chores;
- Translation assistance for mono-lingual immigrants;
- Legal and money management advice;
- Linkage as needed to other essential services: Adult Day Health, mental health and substance abuse services, home safety assessments.